Information for drivers
THE DRIVER’S CHECK LIST, BEFORE VISITING THE PORT
You can speed up and make your visit more effective by beforehand going through the check list below.
- Check the discharging or loading place of your cargo in the port of destination: section of the port, terminal or container depot, and who is the consignee or shipper of the cargo.
- If you have to drive through the town to get to the port, check beforehand if there is a recommended route to the port.
- Make sure that your passer permit is valid.
- Make sure that all needed notifications have been made and that you have all documents with you.
- Make sure that the cargo you intend to pick up from the port is ready for release.
- Make sure that all deliveries (cargo, supplies to the port or to vessels and so forth) to the port have a consignee in the port or on one of the vessels in the port.
- Check that the seal of the container you are picking up is unbroken.
- When transporting dangerous goods to or from the port, check the general and the port’s own regulations.
- Make sure that you carry the security and safety clothes demanded by the port.
- Check that customs and other needed services are open, if you should need their services during your visit in the port.
- Make sure that the register plates of the truck and trailer are clean for identification of the vehicle at the gate.
More detailed instructions for cargo deliveries at the Hangö Stevedoring website
→ Instructions for cargo deliveries
Driving-instructions and maps
Driving instructions to Koverhar Harbour ›
All those in the Port of Hanko area must carry a valid personal Access Permit. you can apply for a permit directly from our website here.
Harbourservices for the drivers
- Showers at the main gate building
- Coffee available and the possibility to use a mini-kitchen